Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rooster Design in Acrylics

Okay here is the second repeat image of my Animal Are Beautiful People series, this time in acrylic on gallery wrap canvas.16 x 20"

I found with acrylics, getting the lines straight are hard , but then they are with pastels for me too, sigh!

I also had to go over the colors a lot, as they tend to be transluscent and need a few coats. Tedious.
At least pastels are opaque.

I changed the colors slightly on this from my first pastel rooster. The pop of cerulean blue for instance is different on this one, I think I like it better.

So I hope you like this one, maybe I will keep doing them on canvas for a while, have several designs to do yet, so .........stay tuned.

2 comments:

Sheriart said...

Love the animal series. This one is especially nice.

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Thanks Sheri,mI am having fun I have to admit.