Saturday, January 26, 2013

On the Slopes of Haleakala 1


Haleakala is a dormant volcano on Maui. I lived on the slopes of her for many years.
The scenery is wonderful and a mecca for artists.

This is around 5000 ft up the slopes. The volcano is 10, 200 ft above sea level.

I love a zig zag in my work as you might have guessed by now, and just the slightest zig zag I tend to  embellish with definition of value and color to keep the eye traveling around my painting.

I did this one a few years ago while living on Maui, and found it in my archives a couple of days ago, a little dull after being stored for so long unframed.

So today I helped it along with fresh additions of pastel.
Hope you like my effort.

This one is a pastel on Canson Paper and is 10 x 22.5" unframed.

By all means please contact me if you are interested .
rae4art@aol.com

1 comment:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Janine M leaves a comment via email:

Love those zig zags ! Lovely ! So much motion and energy.