Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Midas Golds reconstruction

I have had the pleasure of teaching a small group of ladies in my studio for the last two weeks, a series of watercolor one day workshops.

I dragged this one out as an example yesterday.

It had been a demo I started for Lakeway many months ago.
It is good to drag out old paintings and be objective with a fresh eye at times. This one was a thorn in my side so it got shelved till I felt I had time to attack and reconstruct it.

I was happy enough with it at the time of the demo until I went mad with the red in the top right hand corner.UGH!

The photo on the left shows the whole paintin as it was, and the right is a close up of my problem area.

Today I decided enough was enough, and I was not going to waste that gorgeous #300 Arches paper.
My next post shows the painting as it is now after a slight rebirthing..

No comments: