Sunday, June 23, 2013

Paradise Punch



In the vein of what I posted yesterday, this one is also mostly liquid acrylic with a small amount of watercolor. I must admit it almost looks like inks in this photo.

It is a lot darker in the values than my previous post, however, although challenging to find the Bird of Paradise flower (which became my subject) , I actually like this one.

I love a challenge with my art, one can get very staid and stale if we do only what we know we can do in my opinion.

On looking at the wishbone shape almost dead center, I think I need to make that less obvious or at least one arm of it, but I am too tired right now :((

This is an original 8 x8 liquid acrylic on Arches #140 paper.
Price on application.

Prints of this one may be purchased through Fine Art America.
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/paradise-punch-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true

No comments: