Friday, June 14, 2013

Yellow Majesty. SOLD!


I began this a couple of days ago at my art soiree with friends in Sue's studio. :))
It is a full sheet of #300 Arches CP paper.

I flipped and flopped my paint on first, no drawing to start with.

I then worked my flower shapes into the paint marks.

I LOVE to paint watercolor this way, it is so much fun, although a little like flying blind at times.

Hope you like this one too. It was very freeing for me, you should try this method if you wish to paint loosely.Have some wine close by, it helps too. :)))

Watercolor, 22" x 30" (unframed)

3 comments:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Sue W. comments via email:

So lovely, and I got to watch its birth in my studio!

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Janine M comments via email:

Great format tutorial. Sooooooo "short" and inviting. I'll try it for sure. Lovely image Rae. Lots of white is nice......

Jo Castillo said...

Beautiful! Sounds like you are having fun.