Thursday, July 25, 2013

Oilinda Trees, Maui 2



These trees have been painted before by me. I did them a little after I returned from Maui a few months ago in a softer rendition and a horizantal format..
I wanted to do them again, this time in a vertical format and with more 'punchy' colors.

There is a road leading from Makawao into Olinda on Maui, I used to travel it all the time. These trees are Eucalyptus trees.My own homeland of Australia has them averywhere, maybe this is why i loved this region on Maui.

They are HUGE and have been there for as many years as I can recall. Such a magical sight and to drive through them, WOW!

This is a watercolor on Arches paper.
14 x 20" 9unframed)
$400

Prints of this image and others may be purchased through Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/1-olinda-trees-maui-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true

1 comment:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Janine M. Comments via email:



Softer colors can be nice. Yummy Stuff. xoxo