Monday, August 5, 2013

Krause Springs Creepers



A few years ago I was plein air painting in this magical spot of Texas called Krause Springs.

I found this half painted painting and decided to finish it today so I could post it.

It goes with the water theme I am aiming for with future paintings so what the heck.

In fact I began another large acrylic today as well  in keeping with the pastel I painted yesterday, might finish that tomorrow.

But in the meantime I wanted to post this one.

 I recall I did paint a more natural colored version of this area too, it sold some time ago and was the one I did at the springs en plein air..but...

I have a problem with natural greens, in plein air to me, they appear boring, flat. So I tweaked the colors a lot in Photoshop for this painting above and painted my own romantic version of this scene.

It is an acrylic on 24 x 30"  on 3/4" gallery wrap canvas.
$495
plus S/H.

Prints of this image may be purchased through Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/krause-springs-creepers-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true

2 comments:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Janine M. comments via email:

Love the detail ! Acrylic ? Reads like a dream.

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Sue W. comments via email:

cool and delicious! love those twisted roots!