Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Step by Step of Shadowed Shape Shifters


The photo above is the starting point for this painting. Again I did this in Sketch Club first so you can see the evolution. I began with one of my own older paintings which has long sold, but I always loved it. I used that as my base and began using the Sketch  Club app to veil colors over the top and erase areas, and add new elements such as the sun rays.  So much fun!

I drew (out as best I could), the preliminary 'map' onto a 36 x 36" gallery wrap canvas.

As I said before, this is the tricky part, I don't trace anything, it is all freehand drawing. You just have to concentrate on the scale of the elements and how everything fits onto the canvas.

The rest of the painting took on many colors, many veils as it progressed, and my next post will be the finished result.



No comments: