Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Cabin Seclusion..Watercolor..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews

 
I took this one out of my file drawer the other day and felt the tree was way too dominant and dark as were a few other places.
 
So again, out came my gouache and a little scrub brush, to diminish the heaviness of areas and my scissors.
 
Although I liked the white area I thought (also) this was maybe a bit out of balance, so I gave that area a flick of paint which I feel did help.
 
The image directly below is the older version.
 
 
 
 
              This image is 13" x 16" unframed
                   $225 plus S/H     
 
Prints of this image are available in both forms through my Fine Art America site:
 

                                                                             OR

                                          

                               https://fineartamerica.com/featured/cottage-3-rae-andrews.html
                          
 

Thanks for visiting..
 
Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com
              

No comments: