Saturday, July 15, 2017

Memories of Venice..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



I did this pastel quite a while ago, when testing out Canson Touch paper. My decision on this surface is still not cemented in stone, but I know for this painting at least, I did not love it!

There is very little 'tooth' on this surface and I am heavy handed with my pastel application, so problems arose right from the start. It's very easy to overwork the art on this surface so be warned,  have a light touch!

Today I dragged the image out of the file drawer and thought I would try and resurrect it a little.
I liked the concept, that semi-abstract view Venice is so famous for, reflections and angles... however, parts of this image really bothered me.

I am sort of happy with it now, but....
Maybe I will try it again on a different substrate, there's an idea.

Oh, I think if my memory serves me, I did use a few of my photos here for reference, and made a sort of 'jumbled' abstract from them.

Today, I just jumped in and enhanced what I had.

                                       This image is 18.5" x 26" unframed..
                                                              $350 plus S/H


                   Prints of this image are available through my Fine Art America site:

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/memories-of-venice-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true


 
Thanks for visiting..
 
Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com

1 comment:

Garima Pandey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.