Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Twin Falls Sentinals..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



This was a re-work..

I did a quick demo a few years back and as with a lot of my demos, I don't get the time to finish at the event, and have very good intentions to 'doctor; the painting at a later date in my studio.
This is one such piece.

I liked the shadows and felt  the start was a good one, so why not?

This image below is what it used to look like. Keep in mind, it was an hour long demo..
Very quick, and this is a large sheet of paper.


 
So today I added some cools to the ground areas and more details on the trees themselves.
 
I embellished the sky holes as well, introducing a little turquoise to that area and throughout the painting.
 
The scene is  Twin Falls on Maui, one of my most favorite hiking areas and where I used to take my bird a lot.. so I hold some very special attachments to this place.
 
This pastel is 19.5 " x 25'5" unframed
 
$300 plus S/H
 
Prints are available through Fine Art America:
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting..
 
Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com
 
 


No comments: