Monday, October 28, 2019

Little Mountain Village, Spain..Watercolor..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews

Hi everyone, I thought I would post another of these small watercolor sketches. I am loving doing them.
Especially  for outdoor sketching. Quick and effective.

After a recent trip to Spain I saw this magical mountain town simply full of little stone houses and white dwellings.. typically Spanish, I just had to draw them.
After a pencil sketch, I began this with Tombow gray watercolor ink markers, just establishing my gray values first.

Then I used my watercolor to brighten the image before I began more refined outlines in Pitt permanent marker and my Tombow black and gray markers.

I could spend hours on the details, I love to embellish drawings, and this technique keeps me occupied and happy ..


This image is 11” x 14” and is on Fabriano Hot Press Paper..






No comments: