Sunday, August 30, 2020

Color Dance Over The Falls..Watercolor..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews

I love layering  with color veils. This painting evolved with no reference ..I just began veiling the colors, one over the top of the other in between drying the surface.

When I felt it was enough I dried it all, and began to draw my rocks in after which I  reinforced with  negative painting.

The waterfall was added last by using some watered down white acrylic with watercolor to color it slightly in veils and give the downward motion of falling water.
 In between this water action, I added peeps of rocks .

My very last touch was white gouache to augment the foam and overflow areas of the cascading water.

I hope you like this one, it was fun to do, but made me think just the same.

16” x 20”
Water Media on Arches CP Paper

$450 plus S/H

Prints of this image will soon be available through Fine Art America.


Please contact me through this blog or via my website for more information on my classes and workshops

                                                        raeandrews.com

                                                   Thanks for visiting


No comments: