Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Morning Bath, Now Breakfast

This lovely guy was just finished with his morning bath in Galveston, and got straight into his oats after that. The team of these horses pull the carriages around town and are quite beautiful.

I was about to say well mannered, however, the day before this photo was taken, we saw the same team of horses with a carriage full of tourists galloping at full speed down the street, with no person at the helm so to speak.

My friends and I (a painting group) were all sitting on a veranda sipping drinks when the horses charged past the B&B.
Chaotic times in Galveston, but we were told it has happened before.

Very scary for the folk in the carrige, as it all turned out all was fine, thank God! Maybe we should take out some insurance prior to any of these tours?

Anyway, I loved the contrasts of the white against the red fire hydrant and the reflections on the ground. It suited my love of water and horses combined.

If interested please contact me at:
rae4art@aol.com

4 comments:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Janine comments via e/mail:

Beautiful Rae. The story was interesting too.

Janine

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Sue Wiley comments via e/mail:

Gorgeous morning light and shadows!

Sue

Regina Calton Burchett said...

You do horses so well! And the red reflections and hydrant add to make it such a great composition.

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

I so love horses Regina, I am glad you like what I do with them. On any road trip I make people crazy,always wanting to stop to take photos of any horses I see in fields etc. LOL.
But it's worth it to me, all great reference bounce offs.
Thanks for visiting
Rae