Wednesday, June 15, 2011

White Cliffs, Cassis France

This was done for memory, after a day at Cassis on the coast in France. This place is full of tourists, restaurants, boats and great charm .. a wonderful day trip for our nine artists.

We took our two cars, and traveled about 2 hours south on great tollroads . It was a long and very happy day for us all, although my cold was starting and Vicki's was well under way.

While in Cassis we took a boat trip around the five coves which are simply breathtaking to see.
These high white cliffs are all round each cove, the water is crystal clear torquoise and each cove was just wonderful.

My camera stopped working, very frustrating when I saw so many paintings in front of me, but when I got back to the villa, I did this one from my memory, it turned out to be very close to the real thing.

Guess the old brain worked after all, not too addled with red wine and my pending cold. hee hee.
By the way, my camera is fine, the card was full, goodness me Rae!! What next???

3 comments:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Britta H. comments via e/mail:

Very Nice,
xoxox

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Janine M. comments via e/mail:

Looks like heaven. What a trip you must have had !

xoxoxo


Janine

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

It was a wonderful day, one we all will remember fondly I know.