Friday, September 21, 2012

The Motley Crew

Well we are back!!
Our stay in Venice and our 7 day cruise to the Greek islands was wonderful.

I am trying to catch up now before I go to the Amalfi Coast and the Isle of Capri in November.
 Yikes I have become  a jet setter extraordinaire!

We all had a ball, except for a very unexpected tumble on my paret out of the bath tub in Venice.. Splat onto the tiles, thought I had broken some toes, but nope, they are fine, both my leg, toes and dignity a little bruised though .LOL.

 The girls and I did not do a  great deal of painting though, however I have soo many photos I can work from, I was a flashing fool, (hee hee). (in more ways than one with my bath tumble)

Thanks girls for the wonderful company and great laughs, I think we all wore ourselves out with all the walking.

I even road a donkey on Santorini, I can now tick that off my BUCKET LIST.

 My favorite island is Mykonos, I have been there before 20 years ago, things have changed a little, but it still shines supreme in my eyes. My the next two posts will be sketches I did using my new water soluble  and alchohol based markers. Great fun, easy to travel with and work great.

On the all at sea days, we gathered with our Ipads in the reading room, and did our small sketches from our photos.  I know, we cheated a little, but the days on shore were soo busy, what with shopping and photo taking and donkey rides!

Anyway, expect a few paintings in the near future, I hope you enjoy.
Rae


No comments: