Thursday, December 13, 2012

Positano, Italy



Positano is on the Italian Amalfi Coast.

It is a small fishing town, very scenic, very hilly.

This last trip to Italy involved several bus trips, and  a few of us decided to jump ship, so to speak, and get off the tour bus at this town, so we could explore and take photos etc.

It was a long walk downhill from where the bus dropped us.

This is the view as I was making my way downhill.

Spectacular.

FYI..The Amalfi Drive, “the road with 1,001 turns,” is the most precipitous road in Europe with vertigo-inducing vistas plunging down jagged cliffs into the azure Tyrrhenian Sea..

When I got down to the town, (which is not much by bigger town standards) I made my way to the beach, wanting to dip my toes in the sea.

Now I can tick that off my BUCKET LIST as well.

Another  wonderful day with art friends, and lots of new sightseeing was had by all..



No comments: