Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Misty Trail


MISTY TRAIL is an oil on gallery wrap canvas.

I thought while I had an exact same sized canvas as my previous post (BOUNDARY FENCE) sitting in my studio , this could be a match.
I did not tint the canvas first, just jumped in and painted onto the white surface, which is something I don't usually do.

I was mindful of the sloping back ridge, so decided to make a misty distant foliage area in the opposite diagonal to balance it.

This one is an oil 12 x 24".

If you are interested in this one, contact me please either by leaving a comment on my blog or visiting my website and using the CONTACT button.

1 comment:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Sue W. comments via email:

Very nice distance treatment, and interesting shadows on the path! Almost a cruciform composition if you squint. xoxoxo