Friday, May 31, 2013

Kula Homestead, Maui



This house in Kula, Maui has always fascinated me. The color of it, the Jacaranda tree on the left, the colors against eachother, and it's position . In the late afternoon sun it just glows.

So I decided finally to paint it.

I took this photo while on my recent trip to Maui. If anyone gets a chance to go to this area of Maui, Kula has gorgeous views down to Maalaea and Kihei, spectacular!

We were lucky enough to see the Jacaranda trees in bloom, such a wonderful cornflower blue flower color amongst the greens.My painting does not give the colors justice, but you get an idea.

This is a watercolor on Arches paper
12 x 16" unframed.
All inquiries are welcome.

1 comment:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Janine M. Comments via email:





Really appealing on many levels and the verbage is very nice too. xoxo