Saturday, June 1, 2013

Olinda Trees, Maui



Olinda is a magical place just above Makawao where I used to live on the volcano on Maui.
I love the tall eucalyptus trees, so Australian.

On my last visit the Jacarandas were out in the higher regions of the mountan, and although they were not so noticeable in this area, I put them into this painting anyway. The colors just worked for me with all the greens.
Enjoy.

This is a watercolor on Arches Paper (unframed)
This image has SOLD!
12 x 16"

Prints for this image and others may be porchased through Fine Art America.

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/olinda-trees-maui-rae-andrews.html

1 comment:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Janine M. Comments via email:




Wonderful shadows and angles everywhere you look.