Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Dappled Light, Provence


I love dappled light, and the eye sensors are alerted always to this sparkle when it hits the pavement or a building.

I was so inspired by another artist's work I found on Pinterest (BELOW), Laurent Parcelier,  his work and the way he plays with light,  is divine! see pic below.
Laurent Parcelier French Artist. Terraces I hope this gorgeous painting shows on my blog, I just copied it from my board on pinterest to show you.

Anyway I decided Rae could try to do something akin to his works.

I did say 'akin', didn't I? What do you think? I certainly don't want to be exactly like him, but close would be nice with a Rae Andrews flavor.:))

Dappled Light  is a 12 x 12" oil on panel.
$300

Prints of this image and more of my works are available through Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/dappled-light-rae-andrews.html

2 comments:

Dean H. said...

This is how to expand your horizons, Rae! Beautiful and it's all your style.
I wasn't familiar with Parcelier...I really like what he does.

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Janine M. Comments via email:

They are both appealing with different feels. Dappled sunlight is very nice on both of these.

xoxo