Saturday, July 4, 2015

Emergence...Liquid Acrylics and Watercolor



EMERGENCE began as my previous posts,with a throw in of a variety of LIQUID ACRYLICS  and linear marks.

The idea of the DOLPHIN came as a last thought when I was almost finished.

I really just played with shapes and anchored the painting first, whether it is turned to a vertical or a horizontal format I felt it worked. The design was very LYRICAL with lots of movement and fun.

As there was a kind of dolphin shape emerging, I went with it. The head and a little of the tail was all I needed.

                                             This image is 8" x 10" (unframed)

                                                            $200 plus S/H


                          Prints of this image can be purchased through Fine Art America:
                      http://fineartamerica.com/featured/emergence-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true   



Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com


2 comments:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Sue W. Comments via email:
Oooh, I really like this guy! Lovely colors and feeling to this- I'm suddenly in the Caribbean!

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Thanks Sue... I am loving doing these new abstract ones...Greta fun!