Sunday, August 23, 2015

Neon Damsels SOLD!...Abstracted Landscape...Pastel...Texas Artist...Rae Andrews



NEON DAMSELS began with a wash of bright magenta and orange liquid acrylic over a textured board..

When dry, I then began to superimpose my tree forms over this with willow charcoal.

With pastel pencils I first enhanced and subdued some of the colors before going in with a touch of soft pastels, feeling my way so to speak.

I did not like the texture the soft pastels made, so I used a brush loaded with water and flattened areas out, see the bottom trees and shrub areas and foliage.

I had a hard time making fine linear marks with my pastels. Even my pastel pencils are not fine enough, so I used a fine rigger brush dipped in watercolor, and made the branches. 

Some final pastel touches were gently integrated over the watercolor and I was happy.


This image is an 8" x 10" unframed pastel on gatorboard.

$160 Plus S/H

Prints of this image are also available through Fine Art America:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/neon-damsels-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com

No comments: