Thursday, September 22, 2016

Demo painting from Costa Brava Trip..Watercolor..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews

Another demo from the Spain trip. This one was in the beautiful Botanical Gardens not far from our hotel. I plonked myself down on the pathway, in the shade. One has to be quick though, plein air painting is all about speed to catch that light and not be standing in the hot sun! 

(Ed, this means you!!)

We scattered to the four corners of this garden area on this beautiful day, and each student came up with a different view. In fact, one could just rotate in the one spot, and get a new painting every time, just a perfect place to paint.

***My demos are by no means finished, however, I have enough information in my head from these days of plein air painting to guide me onto a bigger and better painting later.

No comments: