Wednesday, April 19, 2017

A Walk In The Forest..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews


With this painting,  I wanted to experiment more with textures ...

Although I like the results of pastel over a watercolor start, and also using the watercolor paper substrate,  the technique gets tedious for me.

 I wanted to try and get a little of the splashy and spontaneous way I do my watercolors, into the mix as well. This is the outcome.

Most of the surface is covered with pastels now, however some areas are still just showing the watercolor. I followed the movement the watercolor underpainting gave me.
 
The scene is completely from my imagination.

This image is 9" x 12" 
 $200 plus S/H

Prints can be purchased through my Fine Art America website.

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/a-walk-in-the-forest-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true






                                                  Thanks for visiting..

                               


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her many techniques . She uses all media.

Please contact her through this blog, or via her website at:


No comments: