Thursday, May 18, 2017

Dramatic Sky Over Luzech Vineyards, France..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews


While in France this trip, we painted en plein air at a winery very near to Le Vieux Couvent where we stayed.

The day was a great . The weather was gorgeous for us, and those skies were spectacular!

I always enjoy skyscapes, and I love to embellish them a lot. I wanted this sky to be the 'star of the show'.

I did this one in my studio here at home from a photo I took on the day, (the latter on the day, was very green, and the sky was actually a gray blue in color.

However, I feel a photo never does a scene justice, it will always flatten the light..and we as the artists, can feel free to take great liberties with nature.

Here is my version of a spectacular day. I felt the 'romantic' mood colors of violets and magentas against the ochre/greens, made for a more dramatic statement.

This image is a pastel on UArt paper
9" x 12" unframed
$225 plus S/H

Prints of this image are available through Fine Art America:
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/france-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true



                                         Thanks for visiting..




Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com



No comments: