Saturday, May 13, 2017

Hilltop Manor, France..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews

 
 Well here I am again after a simply wonderful time teaching in Frayysinet, France.
 
The workshop was amazing, and the lodgings at Le Vieux Couvent faultless! My students were all so willing and worked very hard in between the daytrips and excursions we willingly went on.
The weather at times was a little cool for us, however we battled on regardless, and in general, we lucked out.. The rain stayed away except for maybe two days, and even then it was sporadic.
 
I can highly recommend this place for any artists who wish to stay in a quiet and restful place in the southwest regions of France.
 
***I will be teaching there again next year, at this stage it will be September in 2018. So stayed tuned if you want to join me.
 
Bill and Corinne (owners of Le Vieux Couvent)  looked after us so well, I am sure we will take a few weeks to settle back in to life as we used to know it.
 
This image was a demonstration I did for the group on one of the days. I did a little embellishments to it today in my own studio.
 
The scene was on a walk very near the convent.
 
This is a pastel on Sennelier paper.
9.5" x 12.5" unframed
SOLD
 
 
Prints of this image are available through Fine Art America:
 
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting..
 
 

Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com

No comments: