Monday, June 11, 2018

Little French Tumble..Watercolor..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



LITTLE FRENCH TUMBLE was one of the quick demos I did on my recent France trip and workshop.

The scene is inspired by the gorgeous area of Castelfranc, a small village not far from Le Vieux Couvent.


The demo was about moving water, which I did back in the studio after spying this scene on my walk... and I did another in watercolor of still water which  will be posted later.

I wanted the students to just play with the concept of movement, and let the watercolor make the statement. It's not always necessary to copy a scene verbatim, I like to give my impression of the scene and work a lot from memory. This painting is completely done this way.. my personal 'mind video' of what I recalled.

The way I like to portray moving water is by leaving a lot of whites as the foam. It takes practice and sometimes I do mess it up, it happens. So , my advice, never get discouraged, just take it all in your artist's stride and paint another one.. I call it BRUSH MILEAGE.. Practice makes perfect. Okay?

This one is  7" x 22" 
$200 Plus S/H

Prints of this image are also available through Fine Art America:
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/little-french-tumble-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true


Rae paints and teaches in all mediums. For more info please contact her through this blog or her website.

raeandrews.com

Thanks for visiting..


No comments: