Thursday, May 31, 2012

Peacock Digital Design from my Ipad

Well now for something completely different for me.
I will take you through the steps I made to get to the next post, which is my actual painting done from this digital.
I am IN LOVE!

I have three wonderful paint programs on my ipad, Skecth Club, Brushes and Procreate.

All have merit for different results in my art.
For this digital I used mostly PROCREATE.  The app is $4.99 for the IPad and sooo well worth it!
Takes a bit of practice, but if one has P/Shop knowledge, that would help a bunch.I have worked in P/Shop for close to 12 years now and teach it on occasions. As an artist, the latter is a great program also, however, not that user friendly and pretty complicated.
.
Back to PROCREATE.
Using a variety of layers and with my own photo in the program, I worked over it with my various brushes (that is the digital brushes) and I use a stylus not my finger.

I am enamored with a fractured look, illustration and design, as you may have seen even in my previous more realistic  (actual paintings) posts.

I see this digital help  as a transition for my art.

One can work out designs, make all the mistakes one wants on the Ipad, and not have to erase during the sketching out stages of a painting.
With the use of multiple layers, this becomes even more attractive to the artist.
I plan on a whole series of these animal images now, in fact I have several digitals I am working on right now, so stayed tuned.

No comments: