Thursday, November 18, 2010

Austin Country Club

What a simply lovely day three of my very dearest art buddies and myself had last week. We all did some plein air painting for a couple of hours then had lunch .

The Austin Country Club is a beautiful club, with a lot of reference for the artist's eye.

I am not that interested in landscapes anymore, having gotten onto a figurative and animal track of late, but this was nice escape, even though I had a fight with the sprinkler system :(

Thanks Janine for suggesting and arranging this outing, great fun.
with

6 comments:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Britta comments via e/mail:

Very Nice painting too!!!! I might add.
Britta

Susan Abston Wiley said...

I think the sprinkler actually helped this, it's a gorgeous painting, very lush and inviting! Nice job! Love the Alaska Gold painting, also- beautiful horses!

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Kathy G comments via e/mail:

Rae,

This is a beautiful painting...rich colors.

Kathy

Donna Crosby said...

Looks great Rae. Looks like you have been busy and thats good.

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Thanks girls.
I can honestly say that water and velour pastel paper are a definite no no though. :(

This one barely survived with it's life. Hee hee.

Artist said...

beautiful! love the colors!