Sunday, May 29, 2016

Quiet Time...Pastel...Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



Well what can I say? I wanted a change from the crusty olf men I have been painting of late, and this could not be farther from that subject.

I have never been one to paint in a 'romantic' genre, but this subject was so appealing to me with that light.
I made the model a redhead though, she was a dark brunette originally.Somehow the reds felt better .. Of course that blue went to well with those warm colors too.
I was on the internet and came across Richard S. Johnson's romantic art.
It was his website where I saw that wonderful blue.
I had this photo from a few year ago and thought why not, I can do this in that 'romantic' genre.

It started better than it finished though, might have to try doing it again.

This one is a pastel on light gray velour paper and is unframed.
19.5" x 12.5"
$400 plus S/H


Prints are available through Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/1-quiet-time-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true

Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com

Or..





No comments: