Sunday, November 20, 2016

Grasses..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews


I am on a roll now with DUSTING. It works so well on very textured surface, but beware, you can overdo this technique.
Here is the above image with additional DUSTING.
 I LOVE this technique!


I had this odd off cut of paper, and have no idea what it was though. It's a dark maroon color and is sanded. Any ideas?

Anyway, I had mounted it onto some archival foam core a few years ago so why not use it?

The format is quite elongated and poses problems or should I say, challenges to the artist, composition wise.

I chose to do just tall brambles and grasses, really playing with the various textures.
I used an alcohol wash under painting in parts, let it dry and then worked the pastels over the top.

I don't usually do this technique of underneath washes, but this paper took the wet media so why not?

I hope you like it.

This image is 8" x 22" unframed.
$300 plus S/H

It is also available in prints at:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/grasses-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true

Rae conducts demonstrations and workshops in all media.
Please contact her through this blog or via her website at:
www.raeandrews.com

Thanks for visiting..

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Beautiful, I expect this is Colourfix by Art Spectrum. :)

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Hi Jo, no I think it's actually Kitty Wallis paper. No idea where I got it from, butbhave had it for ages.. Happy Thanksgiving girl, hugs
Rae