Saturday, November 26, 2016

Quiet Inlet..Pastel;..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



QUIET INLET is completely from my imagination. I am still playing with TEXTURES. 

Totally new to me is the concept of 'DUSTING' pastels, and I know I am possibly doing too much of it of late, but I just LOVE the effect!

So this little painting is approx. 8" x 13" unframed.
It is on UART paper mounted onto archival foam core.
$130 plus S/H

(Dusting by the way, is when you shave your pastels (preferably hard to medium) onto the surface, place some Glassine paper over the top gently, then roll a brayer onto this, to crush the pastels. )

I am just using it to spark the textures of grasses mainly, and of course I have used it in sanded areas and water/foam of my seascapes as well.

Prints of this image and more are available through Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/quiet-inlet-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true



I hope you enjoy these last few paintings.

Rae teaches workshops and conducts demonstrations in all her techniques and media.

Contact her through this blog or via her website at:
www.raeandrews.com

Thanks for visiting..


No comments: