Saturday, February 4, 2017

Bull Creek Cascade 1..Pastel..Plein Air..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



This small pastel on Sennelier paper was done on Tuesday en plein air.

It's a race against the sun while painting en plein air, as most of you already know.
That light is ever elusive, and changeable, so one has to work quickly.

Tuesday here in Austin was a glorious day, and what a great day to share with my painting buddy Char, We stumble over the rocks together searching for the best spot in which to paint. We often have to give each other a hand up or a 'boot' up, it's a scream!

I guess to onlookers, we look a bit crazy, but we sure have fun!

So.. having said that, I managed two paintings, both small, and maybe something I can work on as a bigger painting in my studio later.

I mostly do small outside paintings, to get the feel for the scene, and if I like the experience, I will often make a studio painting from these sketches.

This is 8" x 11" unframed 
$95 plus S/H






No comments: