Monday, February 27, 2017

Rose..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



I had the very wonderful pleasure of attending a mini workshop yesterday with JEANNETTE CUEVAS ..

Her technique is pastel over a watercolor base on cold pressed watercolor paper.

My attempt here was not wonderful however, and I came home and did more to it today and felt a bit happier with my result. Enough to put it on my blog site for sale now. I hope you agree.

Jeannette's style is linear, small strokes, one over the other to achieve such delicate nuances of color and tone, it's mesmerizing  to watch.

I usually work so quickly and am much heavier with my application of pastels, and her soft and delicate approach is very foreign to me.. 

Still I LOVE the technique and I thank Jeannette for her patience with us all, I for one will keep trying..

Here is a link to Jeannette's website..well worth seeing her wonderful work.
http://jeannettecuevas.com/#home

This image is for sale.. 
12" x 12"
$250 plus S/H

Prints of this image and more are available through Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/rose-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true


Thanks for visiting...

Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her many techniques . She uses all media.

Please contact her through this blog, or via her website at:





Cheers, 
Rae



No comments: