Saturday, November 2, 2019

Saint Martin De Vers..Watercolor..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews


Still having fun with these sketches.

It seems to suit my love of drawing and color.

This one is a small village in Southwest France, called Saint Martin De Vers, I visited while teaching at Le Vieux Couvent.

The houses did actually look all crooked and tumbling down, although I have embellished that’s fact in my drawings.

I used my Tombow gray markets to establish my values first and then used my watercolors ..I find this a really fun way to get these sketches started.

I embellish with permanent markers later, getting all my details and implied textures in place.

This image is 11” x 14” and is on Fabriano Hot Press paper.

Thanks for visiting..

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

You are having fun with this technique. I’m loving following along through the villages, real or imagined!