Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Blue Concerto..Abstract.. Pastel Over Liquid Acrylic...Texas Artist ...Rae Andrews



Having recently played with the Richeson sanded boards, liquid acrylics and pastel overlays,  I thought I would continue with this image in the same vein..

As mentioned before with my previous post, these boards will allow a lot of mixed media under painting, and the way the colors of the pastel overlays GLOW is magical!

I so wish more pastel societies would allow ABSTRACT imagery in their competitions, in actual fact, these are way more difficult (in this artist's humble opinion), than a traditional landscape image.

Image size (unframed) 
6" x 9"
This image comes presented matted and ready for framing.


Prints of this image also available in print from Fine Art America:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/blue-concerto-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true

You might also check out other items produced using this image at the Fine Art America site:






Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com

Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews


or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com


1 comment:

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Sue W. Comments via email:

You KNOW I agree with your comment on societies accepting abstracts!!! Very self-serving of those which don't, in my opinion; I guess members fear additional competition from another direction. And I also agree, it's far easier to recreate a scene realistically, like working from a photo, with or without the photo as a step, than to move out of your comfort zone and create from the mind and soul but still adhere to the elements of good artistic style!!!

You stick to your guns, Sweetie.
BTW, Pastel Society of America DOES accept abstracts, has for years!