Friday, April 8, 2016

All That Glitters, Is Not Gold...Semi-Abstract..Pastel....Texas artist..Rae Andrews



This is only my second effort trying this pastel pencil on cold press watercolor paper. It certainly keeps me interested, so maybe I will do more. I began with a bold watercolor start, then when dry, I worked my pastel pencils and some hard pastels over the top.

I saw a great demonstration by Jeannette Cuevas....http://www.jeannettecuevas.com/#home
 (who is the 'QUEEN' of this technique), a few weeks ago. 
Although my work leaves a LOT to be compared to Jeannette's lovely work, I am 'sort of' happy with this one.



This is a 14" x 20" pastel over watercolor.
$250 Plus S/H

Prints are also available through Fine Art America:

alhttp://fineartamerica.com/featured/all-that-glitters-is-not-gold-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS
For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com

Or..

Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com

No comments: