Wednesday, September 28, 2016

In This Land Of Magical Beasts..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



I have done this image before in acrylics, at least a version of it.

My source photo was a composit I made in Sketch Club on my IPad. I love that app. I overlap my images in many layers to get some wonderful shapes.

The hard part is transposing them to my pastel paper.

 In this case, my paper is Sennelier paper which was a bright rust color.
I also splashed the surface with water to get the mottled texture effect I have used in the past. A new practice for me, and one I love obviously. :))



The image is unframed and measures 19.6" x 25.6"

$500 Plus S/H

This image is also available through Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/in-this-land-of-fantastical-beasts-rae-andrews.html

Rae conducts workshops in all media, and is available to demonstrate her techniques to groups. Please contact her through this blog.

See Rae's website
www.raeandrews.com

Prints through Fine Art America
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/rae-andrews.html

 And
www.pixels.com/raeandrews



No comments: