Sunday, March 19, 2017

Dusk Over the Marshes..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews






I just finished this one. Trying out my new Heilman Double Sketchbox and easel.

A little pricey, but well worth it I think. I love the small box for my plein air excursions.

I have a large Heilman pastel box as well, but it is so cumbersome for me to cart around the countryside or overseas.

Hence I bit the bullet and purchased this small one. I think it does the trick perfectly.This box opens to around 9.25" x 14.5" wide, enabling me to fill it with pastels on both sides, plenty for traveling. The closed box is only 7.25" x 9.25" .

I also purchased the 18" easel (I had the 24" easel with my larger box) .
These easels  slot neatly into the ready made holes Heilman have made for it. Works so well!

FYI..This whole outfit cost $180 for the box and $50 for the easel..

heilmandesigns.com

The painting above is 4.5" x 12" unframed
$125 plus S/H


Prints of this image are available though Fine Art America:
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/dusk-over-the-marshes-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true


Thanks for visiting..


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her many techniques . She uses all media.

Please contact her through this blog, or via her website at:




No comments: