Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Spring Accents..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews


Just finished this one after a lovely walk in the greenbelt of Lake Travis yesterday. The colors of spring are everywhere, what a perfect time of the year!

This is an 8" x 10" pastel on a new substrate for me, a MULTIMEDIA BOARD .

I ordered a few of these the other day, and while the jury's still out on it, I am finding it interesting to use. 
I began this image with a loose watercolor under painting, then used my pastels over the top.

The surface is not that gritty, so I found I had to be super careful with my pressure applying the pastels.

$125 plus S/H


Prints of this image and more can be seen on Fine Art America:




Thanks for visiting..


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her many techniques . She uses all media.

Please contact her through this blog, or via her website at:


No comments: