Thursday, March 23, 2017

Morning Glow..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews








This pastel is on a MULTIMEDIA ART PANEL. I have been playing with this surface of late, and although it's not as sanded as I like usually, the possibilities are endless with the media one can put down first (under the pastel overlays).
.
I used watercolor as an underlay, very wet into wet.

No preconceived ideas, just letting the paint run together and see what happened.

I saw a treeline come out of the marks made by the paint, perhaps after my morning walk through the greenbelt near me yesterday.

However the scene is really out of my imagination.

A fun painting to do, hope you like it!

This is a pastel 11" x 11" unframed
$225 Plus S/H


Prints are available through Fine Art America:
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/1-morning-glow-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true



Thanks for visiting..


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her many techniques . She uses all media.

Please contact her through this blog, or via her website at:




No comments: