Tuesday, February 9, 2016

After The Rain..Pastel...Texas Artist...Rae Andrews



I have been just edging my way through some old demos half finished, and this one was a test to my 'gentle side' of painting. :))

I usually love bold and dramatic colors as you know,so this high key painting was a discipline for me.

I think I like it, and might do more in this vein. 

The scene is here in Austin. I was on a walk with the puppies on the greenbelt in Lakeway, and we had just gotten caught in a small rain shower. The colors on the water were so romantic and soft. I knew I would have to paint it.
This image is in pastels on sanded paper and is 11.5" x 15.5" (unframed)

$150 plus S/H

Prints also available at Fine Art America:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/after-the-rain-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true














Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com


2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

This is beautiful. Sort of romantic.

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Ha, well I think I am still a romantic at heart Jo.. The colors certainly have that feel about them. Thanks for the comment.. :)))