Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Shell Design ..Semi Abstract...Pastel...Texas Artist...Rae Andrews



This is another semi abstract design done in pastels over acrylics.

I simply love this process. I never know the outcome, and these designs are always a challenge to me.

The whole surface is eventually covered in pastels in the form of pastel pencils and the soft variety sticks, after a fluid start with liquid acrylics and water.

I chose this elongated format as an added challenge, this gets me away from the 'expected' and I like the surprise .

The substrate is a white Richeson Sanded Board , which are fast becoming my favorite substrate for this mixed media work.


Original image is 20" x 7.7" (unframed
$150 plus S/H


Prints of this image and more are also available at:

 http://rae-andrews.pixels.com


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com

Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com



No comments: