Monday, March 7, 2016

Shadowed Delight...Pastel... Semi-Abstract...Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



I began this as a wet into wet watercolor under painting. 

By now you might guess, I love shape finding, and enhancing 'intrigue'.

This image hopefully suggests layers of such 'intrigue'.

Parts of the painting are made up, other sections are from my photos taken on Maui during my last trip.

Eventually throughout the process (though) I just put the reference away and let my pastels 'do the talking' .

I hope you enjoy this image, it was a fun one to do.

Image is unframed and is on a Richeson sanded foam board. 
It is 12" x 18"
$250 plus S/H


Prints are also available at Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/shadowed-delight-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true



Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com

Please visit my Web Site at:
http://raeandrewsgallery.fineartstudioonline.com/

No comments: