Sunday, March 12, 2017

Zig Zag Path..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews


Just completed this on this weekend. I used a lot of the scumbling technique and a little bit of 'dusting' at the end of the process.

The scene is here in Austin, Texas, and to the everyday walker I would think it just looked 'green'..
To me, however, as I love color, I saw turquoise and mauve.. We artists are a strange lot huh?

But I think it great we can look at things through 'rose colored glasses'.

This image is 8" x 11.5" unframed.
$200 plus S/H

Prints are available through Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/zig-zag-path-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true



Thanks for visiting...

Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her many techniques . She uses all media.

Please contact her through this blog, or via her website at:



2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

This is so beautiful and full of movement.
You are painting so much and so well, you are an inspiration.

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Thanks so much Jo.. I try to paint something every day, it's like a drug to me!!!
And the say practice makes perfect.. so I keep on practicing.. 😊😊