Wednesday, June 13, 2018

A Playful Balance..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews


This one is a demo I did in conjunction with my watercolor waterfall study I posted three posts ago, a demo on moving water, action and drama. 

I did this demo the same day, in pastels on Sennelier paper.

I did not have a reference photo for this demo, and was getting the students ready for hopefully seeing a waterfall the next day, when we painted at an outdoor location. 

I love to paint the action packed waterfalls, and somehow it looks better (for me) if the artist memorizes a scene and lets a little imagination play into the painting. After all the water is constantly moving, so studying it and watching how it falls will help when you paint it.

It will make the artist really concentrate on the movement of the water, storing that little personal video in the head for later use.

This pastel is on a tan colored Sennelier sanded paper, it's all pure pastel, no underpainting. I prefer my pastels to be done this way.

I hope you like this one.

Image size is 9" x 12" unframed.
$150 plus S/H

Prints of this image are also available through Fine Art America:
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/a-playfull-balance-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true




Rae works and teaches in all media, if you want more info on her classes and workshops, please contact her through this blog or through her website at:

raeandrews.com


Thanks for visiting..

No comments: